2 de set. 2009

Adaptació del Funeral Blues, amb el permís de W.H. Auden




Switch on the clocks, ring all the telephones,

Give the dog, to celebrate, a juicy bone,
Play the pianos and with strong drum
Bring out the muffin, let the guests come.

Let aeroplanes circle shouting overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message She is Great.
Put red bow ties round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear funny cotton gloves.

She is my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I know friendship'll last forever: I'm not wrong.

The stars are all wanted now; turn on every one,
Look at the moon and enjoy with the sun,
Let's see the ocean and travel across the woods;
From now our life will be nothing but good.

By W. H. Auden,
Adapted by Tati,
To my beloved teacher...

2 comentaris:

Sergi ha dit...

Com que no conec la cançó, no sé quina part és teva i quina de l'autor, però com a poema és preciós, i com a dedicatòria més.

Tu ets la que surts de cantó a a la foto?

NeoPoeta ha dit...

Xexu, no és una cançó, és un poema, el que passa que més tard va ser musicat en un musical de Sondhaim i va passar a ser un blues... però és un poema, en realitat. Surt a "Cuatro bodas y un funeral", evidentment al moment del funeral. Et recomano moltíssim que miris aquest tros de la peli, on surt la poesia recitada, al costat la tens escrita... és preciosa: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_a-eXIoyYA

I si, la que surt de cantó (la morena) sóc jo :)